Thursday 15 August 2013

Week One

What a whirl-wind! I have come a LONG way from day one. I am still overwhelmed and feel pressure on a continuous basis and no one really seems to fully know what is going on. CIS is definitely not the school it says it is. For one, it is not Canadian, nor is it an international school; it is just a private Korean school - hence my severe lack of holidays and better pay. For any teachers out there, I would recommend not staying for more than a year (only one teacher has) or don't come at all. It will not be what you were led to believe.

I was hoping to test out the waters of the teaching world of elementary students. I had the thought I may actually be ok/happy to teach elementary back home, and what better place to test run that idea out. On a good day I feel like a drill sergeant with these kids. It's actually awful. I honesty don't see how any learning truly occurs.

I have started to establish the routine though. Working a split shift blows the big one, but I am saving cash money big time that way.

It is unfortunate though that the kids and I are unable to actually have fun and have creative lessons due to the schools structure.

I'm adjusting though. 1 week down, 51 more to go.

1 comment: