Tuesday 20 August 2013

Medical Exam

In order to work here one must participate in and pay for their own medical exam. Though I had everything checked out prior to leaving Canada, I still needed to be examined.

I was to meet my supervisor at 9am as I needed a translator. She was late! I was panicking. I do my have a phone here (mine only works in wifi) and she has no way to reach me. God! I really hoped I was in the right location to meet her.

We went in. All went ok ...

Teeth - normal
Eyes - very good
Height - 175 cm
Weight- 65 kg; I was told I need to be at 60 kgs. I am obese by Korean standard. If this happens to you, it is normal. There views on weight are very ... off shall we say. 
Chest X-ray - awaiting results
Blood test - awaiting results 
Urine test - awaiting results; I could not for the life of me fill the quota required as I had been fasting and had not drank any liquids for 12 hours. A little hard to pee eh.

Anxiously I await the result as they need to be in BEFORE I can go to immigration, apply for my ARC (alien residency card) and change my single entry visa into a multi entry.

Oh and did I mention I am planning to head to Japan in a month. These documents must e completed BEFORE I leave. 

Gosh! Will my time crunches never end!

No comments:

Post a Comment