Monday 17 June 2013

waiting

In the wise words of sir Lancelot, aka my pops, "We're always waiting for something; isn't that funny?!" And he is absolutely right. We are either waiting in line at the grocery store, put on hold by a customer service rep, anxiously waiting for a movie to download, or waiting to eat back from potential job offers that will greatly affect the next 14 months of your life.

Wow. Let's take a step back, breathe, ad soak that in for a minute.

A few weeks ago, a man waiting in line (ha!) at the bank behind me, informed me as well as all others who would listen, that we spend 5 years of our lives waiting in lines. Utter craziness I feel. Even with all our technological advances, we have yet to decrease to amount of The Wait from our lives.

Now here I am, waiting on someone else, somewhere else to help shape and mold my immediate future. Will I return to a teaching position in the city? Will I leave the country to teach? If so, where? Will I return to school in the fall? For what?
So many unanswered questions! The uncomfortablility of it all is starting to weigh on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment