Thursday 13 June 2013

"cry me a river" - j.t.

Much to my dismay, the teacher I was going to replace has elected to stay in Daegu for another teaching year. In short, I was not offered the position. <insert pouty face with arms crossed>
Often when I am teaching, when a student complains, I sing "cry me a river," by Justin Timberlake to make light of the situation, put even a small smirk on their face, and to encourage them to move on.

At this time, I would like to sing this to myself. Yes I am pouty. Yes I am disappointed. Yes I feel just a lost without a plan yet again. But, there are other positions out there. There are other recruiters out there. I even have an interview with a recruiter this weekend.

Maybe this position, though it seemed Perfect, was not the one meant for me. Or maybe, just maybe, I am not suppose to be heading overseas at this junction of my life. Maybe my silver lining is to stay and keep Bauer, hopefully receiving a teaching position in the city ... but maybe not.

Time will only tell.

I do feel that I should take this summer and cancel all work plans. I should take time to focus and visit family; you never know, I could be asked to leave in four days time.

I felt stupid this morning thinking of may upcoming tattooing. It feels like it will be a negative reminder of how I did not get to go away. But in thinking deeper, it will be an continually reminder that I CAN pick up, try something new - wheather it be moving out, going abroad, travelling, meeting new people, starting a new and better chapter in my financial investment, whatever - and that it is ok and never too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment