Tuesday 18 June 2013

hindsight is 20/20

Well it seems that these days consist of either having an interview or schedule and, you guessed it, waiting to have an interview ...

Had an interview yesterday for an aboriginal school in the city. I felt as if I were talking with two very incompetent people; I probably could have said anything and I would have amazed them. Many applied for the position and I was short listed due to prior exposure in the school.

It is funny (and also a little terrifying) to think that ALL of our decisions, choices, actions, etc can greatly impact our lives in the here and now as well as in the future. In university, I was require to participate in some volunteer work through BBBS. I ended up volunteering as an in-school mentor as the school I just spoke of. Due to my interest in the school, my own cultural background (Metis), and my winning personality/smile/dimples, I was remembered by the principal. As soon as she saw my name in the pool of applicants, she had to interview me.

Nice knowing you can leave such a positive impression on a person.

In my heart though, I truly do not want this position. It will make for a decent fall back for sure, but is definitely not my first pick.

I do have an interview to be scheduled with a school in South Korea though. The recruiter company has by far, been one of the best I have dealt with to date. The position will be the biggest pay, great places to go and work in; all around looks and sounds idyllic. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment