Wednesday 19 June 2013

That was odd ...

Let us recap my interview with my second South Korean school shall we:

"Hello <insert name>. Can I ask you some questions?
Tell me about yourself. (What is your teaching background)
Do you have a preference to teach older or younger kids?
Do you have any questions?"

I then proceed to berate her with my myriad of questions ... 

Followed by:
"Is there anything else you'd like to know about me?
Do you have more question for me?"

"Nope. I love Canadians. And I really like your voice."

"Is there anything else you'd like to know about me?"

"Nope I can tell by the questions you ask (all very typically work questions) how you will be."

And the was legitimately the interview. I was in shock; thought to myself, this is a joke, right? That wasn't for realz?

Immediately I rang up an experienced teacher of the abroad and she assured that YES, was that not only the interview, but they do/have hired simply based on how a persons voice sounds. To top it all off, I am sick ad nasally! Hopefully the loss of this sultry, sexy, sicky, phlegmy voice will not cause them to question their decision. Ha! Sooooo, in short I probably got the job. Eek!

I cannot believe this is real life.

Oh! And I was offered and accepted a job in the city. Here's hoping I need to graciously turn it down 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment