Monday 5 May 2014

Udo

Udo. I've never even heard the utterance of this islands name, yet it is more fantastical than Jeju and everyone hypes up Jeju! Full of magnificent scenery, ocean views, sea and sand in a multitude of colours, a complete island time feel. There is no place I can think of on the mainland that is such a wonder of untouched beauty. Though she was windy, as to be expected, the people and the sites were incredible. 

This too, is THE ONLY place in the world that one can taste peanut magkoli and peanut wine. I may have broken a personal sobriety contract in order to try these. And heck yes they were delicious!!! I even tried tangerine magkoli. Wow! What a tantalizing treat for my taste buds. mmmm, mouth pleasures!

We biked around the island stopping to view the sites along the way. Our trip ended at a burger joint, which we thought houses chocolate and burgers. Little did we know, it was a shrine dedicated to Anne of Green Gables - yes mamasita, I took pictures for you and thought of g-ma the entire time as dozens of porcelain, Anne replicas stared into my soul.














No comments:

Post a Comment