Friday 25 April 2014

Traveling as a Lifestyle Choice

Lately I am embarking upon severe research of the Philippines. I have another solo trip coming up that I am madly attempting to plan without the utilization of tour groups; ie. planning out everything on my own. This is all fun and swell, minus the fact that the Philippines is so spread out you are required to fly most places. With limited time to visit and in wanting to limit my funds, I need to do some heavy planning prior to leaving so as to capitalize on cheap flights within the areas I wish to venture off to. So many options and adventures to be had as well!

I have stumbled onto a few Canadians who have given up the daily 9-5 grind and have commenced a life of travel abroad and working along the way. They seem to be so happy. I am having a strong and positive reaction to this (potential) lifestyle change ... Prepare yourself friends and family! :) The most notable blogs have been: goatsontheroad.com    vagabondish.com   and   travelingcanucks.com
It is like they were sent to me at this time.

Mayhaps after this stink in South Korea, accompanied with my few mini excursions in Southeast Asia, I will do nothing more than continue this work and travel abroad; though this time around there will be much more emphasis on the traveling and relaxing portion than, as we all know how this year has been (not to complain or sound ungrateful; this just has seriously NOT been what I was expecting or hoping for myself this year).

Who knows, I could be that dirrrty kid who backpacks forever ... I think my heartstrings and fingers are crossed for this option. But how do you complete unplug from the life you (I) have left back home? - in terms of finances, the daily grind, etc ...

No comments:

Post a Comment