Monday 21 October 2013

Seoraksan

Took another trip with WinK. LOVE this group! Cannot say enough good things about these people. Took a hike at Seoraksan. It ended up taking Nicole and I 15.5 hours to complete. We barely breaked, though we were cautious in some areas so as not to fall. But hot sweet Jesus that was a long ass hike! 

We had to use ropes at times to scale both up and down some of the ridges. There was even some snow at the top.

We commences the hike at 3:24 am up to Osek. Crazy busy. Had legit traffic jams. Was very neat to turn back and see all the headlamps making their way up the mountain side.

Made it to the highest peak, an elevation difference of over 3,000 feet! It was very misty/foggy which took away from the view. A little disappointing.

Hiked along Dinosaur Ridge - the biggest, most ridiculous part of the hike. It was constantly either up or down. Decent views.

Lost the trail and three Korean men said "follow us," so we did. A few hours with them later, we were told we were in the hardest, rockiest, downward decent. There was 15 minutes until it turns pitch black and we needed to motor down.

I had an out of body experience for the last three hours. I barely noticed te pain my legs and knees were in. Thank god! Nicole was dying. And she is usually the one running ahead. Must be that I have slow twitch muscle fibres ;) 

Oh the kinesiology in me will never die!:)










I am barely stuff from the hike even two days later! Nicole, still dying.

I can now say I did it. Any Korean will be hella impressed too. It's quite a feat. But never will I do that again! Haha



No comments:

Post a Comment