Friday 8 August 2014

zee Pilipinas

I am relatively well travelled I'd like to think. I have be fortunate enough to visit and experience a variety of different cultures, especially this year, of which I am so very grateful. 

Upon booking my most recent trip to the Philippines, I anticipated a tropical place, similar to the atmosphere is experienced while in Bali. I knew too that it would be a poor area; I've been to Bali, I've been to Mazatlan, I've been to Nicaragua ... It will be relatively similar. Or so I thought.

Bali has a friendly, colourful feeling. Everyone was happy and extra welcoming. Mazatlan and Nica were both fun places where the people were busy working and seemingly content. In the Philippines, however, there was a sense of devastation and longing to be anywheres else but there. 

I was truly shocked at the contrast between not only the places I've visited prior but also at the contrast of what I imagined it to be like. Mayhaps it was just the areas I stayed in? I am not sure. 

I did throroughly enjoy my stay though. So happy to have used airbnb.com in choosing places to stay. 

My first stop was with a familia in Makati. I met there friends, went to a birthday party, saw a play, received free ballet tickets and ate great food. 

Second was Boracay with a girl an er boyfriend. Was so nice to have a personal tour guide, letting me know the best places to eat. 

The rain definitely put a bit of a damper on this overall, but that did not stop me from fully enjoying my time away. What a great way to start pulling back from the job I am leaving. Was so wonderful to not have a schedule and to wander aimlessly. 































No comments:

Post a Comment