Friday 13 September 2013

Yoga

Last night I was able to try a regular (meaning not hot) yoga class for FREE! Awesome right. I know :) The studio is the cheapest in Uijeongbu, so my school "secretary" was apprehensive to send me there. She felt the atmosphere may not be up to snuff with it being 70,000 won/month (70$). 

I arrived a bit late. Oops! But joined in immediately. Thankfully I have taken yoga classes prior as it was all in Korean. I needed to sneak a peek out of the corner of my eyes and watch the instructor for visual prompts.

A supervisor brought me to the class as I did not know it's location. Regardless of how many times I told her she could leave, she stayed and watched THE WHOLE CLASS (one hour) on her Friday night after work. I felt/feel really bad. But I did tell her it was ok to go ... 

During dancers pose the class and instructor began to laugh a bit. I knew they were laughing at me. OH GOD! Dancer pose is my favourite and I am actually pretty good at it. Turns out, they were commenting that I was too long. Haha

Lucky for me, Friday night classes have 15-20 minutes of partner yoga. LOL! I was paired with an older, little korean lady. We did good I think :)

I will try this studio for a month as it is the cheapest and I did enjoy the atmosphere very much so.

I may try the hot yoga here, but you are required to buy into three months at 351,000 won (351$). A bit steep for me, but we shall see.

I am hoping to hit up yoga m-f from 730-830. It will give me something to look forward to every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment