Monday 11 August 2014

This is The End, My Friend

The End - The Doors

366 days. Yes, my school is still milking every last inch of life out of me and having me, along with all other teachers, work an extra day on top of the year long contract; they don;t quite understand that if you start work on the 12th, your last day in a one year contract is on the 11th. But eh, after everything else that has occurred this year, THIS truly is nothing!

The countdown has been long and arduous. But it feels so, so sweet to realize I have only three more teaching days left. WOW! I have almost made it. Though, with how this school is run and in light of the not-so-recent, but 'new' financial issue I am apprehensive I will make it to the end. A school has closed. Pay has been delayed. Severance has been delayed. Purchasing of flights home has been delayed. Fingers are crossed that all comes through the wash right and in a timely manner.

When I look back on the person I was compared to the person I have become throughout my time here I am shocked and amazed at the great leaps and bounds I am made from the inside out. Though I look completely the same - seriously no changes there! - my being is internally altered for the better. I would not have been able to manage all of the stress that has come from this teaching position and along my travels if it was not for all the hard work on my part and others on my personal, self-improvement journey. I send out HUGE positive vibes, love, hugs and sanks to all of you who have been here for me along the way!

It is The Final Countdown, my last day is occurring as I type. I am observing my incoming as I type. Ah my kids are in good hands. Though I will miss seeing them dressed as Oompa Loompa's during the infamous performance in December. Hopefully Nikki will send me pictures and video :) One can only hope eh.

I am still shocked and amazed at all of the personal growth I have gone through this year. I am definitely not even close to the same person as when I arrived; thank goodness for that! I am appreciative of where I have ended up, minus the struggles to get here however haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment